Officially it's called an adenoma

You can Google Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenoma if you want detailed information but in a nutshell it’s a benign tumor in my pituitary gland.

Three times, it's grown to the point where it affected my optic nerves and pituitary function. Surgery was performed Feb. 2007 again in Feb. 2009 and yet again Nov. 11, 2010 to remove as much of it as possible.

My vision was preserved in each case however I've lost Growth Hormone production and am on thyroid medication to help those levels.

I had radiation after my last surgery. The risk is I could over time loose all pituitary function. The hope is it will slow or stop the persistent tumor's aggressive growth.

4/8/10

Day three

I'm supposed to give my shots in my thighs, abdomen or buttocks and I'm not to give a shot in the same site two days in a row. Tonight I was a little nervous because it was time to move to the abdomen. For some reason I thought it'll hurt more, be more sensitive. Actually I did better than yesterday. It didn't hurt at all and no blood.

I got over tired, over stressed putting the washer back in place earlier. It just returned from getting repaired. Chris got it in the house, in the living room then had to go to work. The boys and I got it through the house, through the garage and back under the dryer. One teen, overtired from practice, lost his temper in the process. I sent him to work on homework. Took an hour to hook everything back into place properly in the small dark place it goes. Then at first try it wouldn't spin and I was on the verge of either crying or screaming. Luckily Chris called. He reminded me the repair guys said the soap drawer wasn't closing quite right and that would mess up the signal to spin. Weird I know but yes I open and shut it and the wonderful machine worked.  

I take it back.  After two loads no matter what I do the demon machine will not wash.  ARGH!

So at the moment my chest hurts a bit, I'm a little shaky and hot. I can't tell what's due to the medication and what's just trying to cope. I plan to note how I feel every day for some weeks to track patterns and hopefully improvements.

No comments: