Officially it's called an adenoma

You can Google Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenoma if you want detailed information but in a nutshell it’s a benign tumor in my pituitary gland.

Three times, it's grown to the point where it affected my optic nerves and pituitary function. Surgery was performed Feb. 2007 again in Feb. 2009 and yet again Nov. 11, 2010 to remove as much of it as possible.

My vision was preserved in each case however I've lost Growth Hormone production and am on thyroid medication to help those levels.

I had radiation after my last surgery. The risk is I could over time loose all pituitary function. The hope is it will slow or stop the persistent tumor's aggressive growth.

10/26/10

Hormones Fluctuate

By the hour, the day and yes the month.  Without the aid of GH replacement and with the destructive growing tumor, every day is an adventure.  Sometimes I feel okay.  I start thinking maybe it's all in my head (lol) that I was overwrought.  Sometimes I'm not bad, icky, cranky but as my hubby would say, within tolerance.  Then there are times when acid burns the back of my throat, my stomach hurts, nausea torments, the band of pressure tightens about my head, fatigue dulls my thoughts and steals precious time from my life.  The rollercoaster ride from okay to not then to merely icky can occur over days or hours.   The experience is overrated.

No comments: