Officially it's called an adenoma

You can Google Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenoma if you want detailed information but in a nutshell it’s a benign tumor in my pituitary gland.

Three times, it's grown to the point where it affected my optic nerves and pituitary function. Surgery was performed Feb. 2007 again in Feb. 2009 and yet again Nov. 11, 2010 to remove as much of it as possible.

My vision was preserved in each case however I've lost Growth Hormone production and am on thyroid medication to help those levels.

I had radiation after my last surgery. The risk is I could over time loose all pituitary function. The hope is it will slow or stop the persistent tumor's aggressive growth.

11/30/10

Good days & Bad days

Overall I believe I'm doing fairly well. I've good days where other than a dull headache and fatigue I almost feel normal. Then there are days like the last two.  I've been very sensitive to light and by late afternoon that dull headache has ballooned into a major event.

Somedays I'm on an even keel, emotionally, somedays I only think I am and it's easy to know the difference.

On good days-

Question to my darling husband - Am I doing good hon?
Answer - You're doing great. You mind if we go hunting?
Question to my eldest son - Am I doing good bug?
Answer - You're doing awesome. Are you using the stuff we got you?
Question to my middle son - Am I doing good?
Answer - Yep, are you ready to build the fish tank with me?
Question to my youngest son - Am I doing good?
Answer - Yeah, so how are you doing on your story?

On bad days-

Question to my darling husband - Am I being overemotional hon?
Answer - I love you honey.
Question to my eldest son - Am I being overemotional bug?
Answer - I love you mom.
Question to my middle son - Am I being overemotional?
Answer - I love you mom.
Question to my youngest son - Am I being overemotional?
Answer - I love you mom.

My guys are pretty cool.  I'm lucky to have them.

No comments: